Advocate for and communicate about local action
In these activities you will learn to promote ownership of different processes, connecting with the community but also with the national and subnational levels. They are also about making use of proper formats and channels to communicate with different target groups. One pillar builds upon tools for internal communication and advocacy aiming to inform and interact with municipal staff and elected officials, but also with higher levels of governance (subnational/national). Another pillar relates to tools for external communication and advocacy, targeting municipal means of communication and informing the public. Moreover, initiating a broad-based dialogue and systematically engaging partners and other stakeholders is key for a successful localisation process, focusing on actions and events, but also on interactive tools.
- Civicus – Toolkit for Strengthening Citizen Action
- Civicus et al. – Advocacy Toolkit – Influencing the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- VNG – Developing a Communication Strategy for a Local Government Association
- GIZ Agenda 2030 in My Municipality – A Handbook for Practitioners for Localizing the Sustainable Development Goals
- VVSG (Association of Flemish Cities and Municipalities) – SDGs in Your Municipality: 50 Practical Awareness-Raising Examples, Volume 1
- VVSG – SDGs in Your Municipality: 50 Practical Awareness-Raising Examples, Volume 2