Manage information and knowledge and promote innovation
Here you will be dealing with activities related to knowledge and information management and the stimulation of innovation, which is key for transformative urban processes. Information management is about collecting, managing and distributing relevant information. When information is processed and structured, i.e. when people refine information into something useful, then knowledge is created. Innovation on the other hand focuses on capturing, acquiring, managing and diffusing knowledge with the goal to create new knowledge. Therefore, these activities are intrinsically linked with each other, but they are also very much connected to the activities listed above.
- Climate Digital Cities Hub – Responsible Data Management e-Learning for Cities and Municipalities
- ICLEI/ WeLoveTheCity – Open Governance in the Smart City
- GIZ – Co-creating Climate Smart Cities: A Practical Guide
- URBACT Toolbox – Sharing Knowledge
- Maastricht University – Guidelines for Urban Labs